Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gingerbread Gingers and Cuties.


Not only are they gingers, but some of them are just like me:
vegan straight edge (and I wish I were a ginger)! Har Har :]
For the cookie part I just found this easy recipie from Post Punk Kitchen.
Their cool little scarves are from Vegan Yum Yum.
She puts them on cupcakes; I put them on cookies!
However, I could not find marzipan ANYWHERE
nor did I want to make my own.(yeah, yeah laaazy!)
So, instead, I used fondant. I've never used fondant or marzipan
but I would assume they work just the same. Make sure to warm it up
a little before "knitting" it. Maybe sit on it... That is what I did. Seriously. :]
It was still in the package, have no fear!
These were a huge hit with Nate's parents.
I also gave one to Samantha for Christmas and she liked it as well.
Like I said before, one can never go wrong with baked goods!





Chocolate covered Cuties!
Holy dang, these are so good! All I used was a bag of 365 vegan chips and melted 'em in a sauce pan. I did put a little bit of almond milk to thin it out. The red junk on top is just writing gel. This was a lot of fun. I had some friends come over to not only help me eat these but make them. One day I would like to get a fondue set. YUM! Toothpicks are probably the safe bet to make these but we just dumped 'em in the chocolate and scooped 'em out with a fork.



I always love hearing about people trying the things I post. It makes me feel like it was not all for nothing. SO, if you ever try something, let me know how it turns out. I even want to start baking fun things for birthdays... With that said, if you follow this, post when your birthday is and I will send you something! And let the baking begin!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're in luck because my birthday is 2/19, so you now have the joy of sending me something awesome. I'll try those Chocolate Covered Cuties this weekend, field report will follow.

    ReplyDelete